It’s almost fall and that means delicious vegetables! Fall is my favorite season! Even though East Texas doesn’t really have a fall, I can still pretend!
As a child I loved veggies, so I searched for a delicious pan dinner recipe. I’m in no way a cook, but this recipe is so easy, even I can make it! And cleanup is a breeze.
- 20 oz sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (2 medium, about 3 cups)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced into pieces (about 1 1/4-inches, keep them close to the same size so they all cook even)
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 of a medium red onion , diced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 tsp of each dried thyme , sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans , whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet
- Pour 1 Tbsp over top and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes (meanwhile chop and prep remaining ingredients).
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add chicken pieces, broccoli florets, and red onion around sweet potatoes (just placing everything randomly)
- Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle everything with remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil (focusing mostly on the broccoli so it doesn’t dry) and toss with a spatula to evenly coat
- Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary and nutmeg and about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings and spread out evenly (try not to overlap chicken pieces).
- Return to oven and roast about 16 – 20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until chicken registers 165 degrees in center
- Toss in pecans and cranberries
- Serve immediately (preferably with a glass full of apple cider, it’s the perfect pairing and completes this fall meal)
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. — 1 Corinthians 10:31
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”large” float=”none” href=”https://myliftworship.com/category/kvne-blogs/heard-on-air/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]