Amy Austin 91.3 KGLY Mornings
If you had the power to change any of your circumstances, would you?
We all live with something that we want changed. Life can be sweet and it can be sour. I know. I’ve gone through many times where it was sour; no, impossibly sour!
Most of the sour in my life came from not always being the Christian I was supposed to be in my youth. So what do you do when your circumstances don’t change? You can’t just snap your fingers and *poof!* you’re in the sweet spot! It seems there is nothing you can do. You just have to go through it. So what do you do now?
What if your circumstance is one that only God can change and He doesn’t seem to be moving too fast for us? What if you’re going through is a test by God? What if it is a growing time for you, a time of stretching? A time to improve who you are? A time to let God be God?
I have come to realize this: It’s all that and a whole lot more!
Of course we want the sweet of life and not the sour. We don’t want to go through more than we have to. But we must learn to live with some of our difficult circumstances, because only God has the power to change them. In His providence, He’s allowed them to remain.
Sometimes our plans don’t go the way we think it should. We’ve planned our life a certain way that we thought it would best, but God has a different path for us. God will place us to the place He has for us. The sweet spot!
How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!Psalm 119:103
And you know the old saying: “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!” Speaking of lemonade…
- 6 large lemons (1-1/2 cups juice)
- 3 medium limes (1/3 cup juice)
- 3/4-1 cup honey or 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices
- Lime slices
- Honey or sugar (optional)
1. In a 2-1/2-quart pitcher, combine lemon juice, lime juice and 3/4 to 1 cup honey. Add water and raspberries. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. Just before serving, gently stir to combine. Pour into ice-filled glasses. If you like, add lemon and/or lime slices. Sweeten to taste with additional honey or sugar, if you like. Makes 8 to 10 (6- to 8-ounce) servings.
Lemonade Tea: Add equal parts freshly-brewed iced tea and Tangy Citrus Lemonade to ice-filled glasses. Sweeten to taste with additional honey or sugar.[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”large” float=”none” href=”https://myliftworship.com/category/kvne-blogs/heard-on-air/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]