Here are some ideas to help your kids grow spiritually this summer!
- Visit a mission site or take the kids to serve at a local rescue mission. (Use this as a teachable moment to talk about generosity and how Christians can be the answer to the tangible needs in our city)
- Plant flowers or build a garden in the backyard. (Use it as a teachable moment to talk about God’s creation and the way he planned our world)
- Set a summer reading plan. Make a chart and challenge your kids to read a certain number of books each week. Even better – read a book together. Make it like a Bible study without calling it a Bible study.
- Write a family memory verse in the kitchen. Google “Bible verse games” or “kids memory verses.” Reward each person who has memorized it by Friday night dinner.
- Donate old books or toys to less fortunate kids. Let your children choose where they want to donate the items. Get the kids involved in organizing and packing the books for delivery.
- Print out the words to some of your family’s favorite Christian songs. Most of the artists we play on our radio station have lyric videos on Youtube you can watch as a family and talk about the words in the songs.
- Ask each child to make a summer prayer list. Challenge your kids to pray BOLD prayers this summer. List friends & family you want to pray for too! At the end of the summer you’ll get to look back on every prayer that God answered. You’ll probably be surprised what you notice!
- Ask your kids to write a list of questions about God. Look up the answers together. (Use this as a teachable moment about generosity & faith)
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://myliftworship.com/category/kvne-blogs/heard-on-air/” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]READ ALL HEARD ON AIR BLOGS[/x_button]