Easter is such a special day for Christians around the world. Our Lord and Savior died an awful, cruel death for our sins. But death didn’t keep Him down. He rose from the dead three days after so that we can have eternal life.
To have salvation found in only Jesus, you give your life over to Him and accept Him as your Lord and Savior.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. – Ephesians 2:8
For Christians, Easter is a celebration of love and sacrifice from our Lord. Families across the world gather giving praise to our Lord. Most of us gather around a table and have a great feast! We thank our Lord for His sacrifice and abounding love.
At our Easter family gathering, each of us brings food to the party! Deviled eggs (my fav!) relish trays, a ham, chicken, asparagus, green beans, corn casserole, buttered rolls (yum) you get the gist!
The desserts are out of sight! Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and more. This recipe is one of my favorites, so I thought I would pass it to you!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar extra fine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe