COATS FOR KIDS
- Children can’t regulate their body temperatures like adults can, so they can quickly develop hypothermia without protection from the cold
- Before the pandemic, one in five children in America was living in poverty
- Approximately 200,000 people die from the cold each year
- This year’s goal is 1,000 coats!
- You can give a coat anytime between Sept. 24 and Oct. 21.
The Biggest Needs?
- There is a critical need for adult-sized coats
- Many of the upper elementary, middle school, and high school students PATH serves need adult-sized coats
- Last year PATH did not have enough coats to meet the needs of these children and teenagers
How can I give?
- So glad you asked! It’s really simple.
- Just click one of the buttons that says “BLESS A KID!”
- Just $25 will buy a coat for a child!
- You can also drop off a coat at any of the dropoff locations below
What happens to the coats?
- The coats will be given to children and teens anywhere from newborn to 18 years old
- Here are the distribution dates:
- Monday, Nov. 15, from 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, from 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 17, from 4-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 18, from 4-6 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 19, from 9 a.m. – noon
How can my child receive a coat?
- There is no online registration to receive a coat
- All you need to do is visit P.A.T.H. anytime between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Thursday